What is TitanPad?
TitanPad is a real time, online editing and collaboration tool
that helps you quickly collaborate on text documents with your team. It can also be used to get instant feedback from the students in your class.
The activity ... What do I have to do for this Skill Snack?
1. Click here to go to the TitanPad website.
2. Click on "Create Public Pad" to create a new TitanPad virtual notes space.
3. Start typing in your TitanPad virtual notes space to set it up for the people you will collaborate with. If you are stuck for ideas, you might choose to ask a question or create a passage for people to edit. If you are using it for feedback, try to think of a question that you could ask your students about the unit of work that you are completing in the classroom at the moment.
4. Click on "Share this pad" (on the right side of the TitanPad window), and copy the URL that is given in the pop-up window.
5. Paste the TitanPad's URL in the Task Submission Form on the right side of this Skill Snack window. NOTE: Keep this URL in a safe place, as it cannot be recovered if you close the window. You might choose to email the address to yourself, or save the page to your browser''s favourites.
6. Click on "Import/Export" (on the top right side of the TitanPad window), and export your TitanPad to PDF or Microsoft Word. Save this PDF or Word document to your computer.
7. Upload the PDF or Word document from Step 6 to the Task Submission Form on the right side of this Skill Snack window.
8. Complete the remainder of the Task Submission Form on the right side of this Skill Snack window.
9. If you have a Gate21 / MNLive Virtual Classroom, have a go at pasting the URL address for your TitanPad (eg the URL that you pasted into Step 5 of these activities) into your Links webpart to share it with your students.