What is FlipSnack?
FlipSnack is an ideal tool for teachers who want to bring something fresh and engaging to the educational process. Simple PDF files can be turned into beautiful interactive books and students can share their work with other students, teachers and parents.
The Activity .... What do I have to do for this Skill Snack?
1. You will need to create a word document, and then save it as a PDF. I suggest that you make your word document at least 4 pages (a cover page, and three content pages), and include things like borders, pictures, text, bullet points, charts, tables and hyperlinks. Make it relevant to something you can use
in your classroom. You will need to make sure you completely finish your word document before saving it as a PDF. Once the document is saved as a PDF, it is
not easily edited. (Click here if you need support saving a word document as a PDF).
2. Click here to go to the FlipSnack website.
3. Click here to see the FlipSnack Support page if you need some help before starting.
4. In the middle of the screen click on "Create your publication".
5. Click on "Select one or more PDF or JPEG file to start".
6. Browse to where you saved your PDF document, and click on OK.
7. Click on "Sign-up using your email".
8. Click on the second tab "Sign in with email".
9. If you do not have a FlipSnack account:
a)choose the Register check box.
b) Complete all of the details (you may use your CSO email address)
c) click on "Register".
Note - you will be sent an email to activate your account. This activation code will only last 24 hours.
10. If you already have a FlipSnack account, click on "Sign in with email". Enter your details and then click on "Sign In".
11. Once signed in, you will see your FlipBook displayed on the page. You can either share your FlipBook with others via a link, or you can use the embed code to embed your book in your Virtual Classroom.
a) The link for your book is located under the picture of your FlipBook. You should copy this link and include it in your Virtual Classroom.
b) The embed code for your FlipBook can be found by clicking on the orange embed icon, and then clicking on "Use free (with watermark)". You should copy this embed code and use it to embed it in your Virtual Classroom.
12. You will need to copy the link for your FlipBook and paste it into the Task Submission Form on the right side of this Skill Snack page.
13. Complete all parts of the Task Submission Form on the right side of this page, and then click on Submit.