What is AnswerGarden?
AnswerGarden is an easy feedback tool for students of all ages. It can be used in the classroom as an online feedback tool, or a creative brainstorming tool. The result can be shared with others.
The activity ... What do I have to do for this Skill Snack?
1. Click here to go to the AnswerGarden website.
2. If you require more information, click here to view the AnswerGarden Fact Sheet.
3. Click on "Create an AnswerGarden" (top right corner of AnswerGarden window).
4. Type a question that you would like your students to answer.
5. Choose an answering mode - Classroom Mode or Brainstorm Mode (no password required for these two modes). Moderator Mode or Locked Mode (requires a password). If you choose to use a password, write the password in a secure place, as the password cannot be recovered from the site.
6. Enter your CSO email address so that you will receive an email with the link, as well as the Admin password (if you chose to use this option). This step is advised so that you can access your AnswerGarden at a later date.
7. Un-tick the Newsletter option so that you do not receive emails from the website.
8. When you have entered all of the information, click on Create at the bottom of the window.
9. When your AnswerGarden is created, click on the Share tab and copy the URL for your AnswerGarden. It will look similar to http://answergarden.ch/view/88890. Paste this URL in the Task Submission Form on the right side of this window.
10. Complete the remainder of the task submission form on the right side of this Skill Snack window.
12. If you have a Gate21 / MNLive Virtual Classroom, have a go at pasting the url address for your AnswerGarden page (eg http://answergarden.ch/view/88890) into your Links webpart to share it with your students. You could also try to copy and paste the embed code into a Content Editor webpart in your Virtual Classroom.